The pizza was so delicious. The herb filled dough and the fresh slivered basil made the cut for me. I can’t tell you how packed with flavour fresh herbs right from the pot can be. Had it not been for such happy coincidences I wouldn’t have made this pizza. But you shouldn’t wait for coincidences to get you to make this. Go on, make it and thank me later.
Adapted from: Smitten Kitchen
Yield: 1 10 inch pizza
10oz / 300g pizza dough (add in your favourite herbs for a flavourful pizza crust)
4 oz / 113g goat cheese, at room temperature
Few leaves of fresh basil, cut into thin slivers
1/2 medium yellow zucchini, sliced thinly
1/2 medium green zucchini, sliced thinly as well
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C degrees. Roll your pizza dough into a thin 10 inch circle and lay it on a tray or stone that has been dusted lightly with cornmeal.
- With an offset spatula (more use than just icing cakes!) spread the cheese on the pizza dough. Sprinkle over salt and freshly ground pepper and scatter the fresh basil slivers over the cheese.
- Arrange the zucchini coins in concentric circles over the goat cheese spread, overlapping them (alternate their colors to make it look pretty!) Drizzle with olive oil and finish with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges of your pizza are golden brown and the zucchini looks roasted and a little curled up at the edges.
- Transfer to plate, slice it up and share if you can. ;)