Today, with some leftover pie dough in my freezer and a bottle of Nutella staring at me from across the room, I realised it was high time I ripped open the seal of that bottle for some Nutella happiness. One spoon for me, one spoon for the pop tarts seemed like a good ratio when it came to dolloping the pie dough with the Nutella; and that’s exactly what I did.
- Start by rolling out and cutting into 1×3 inch rectangles.
- Next, dollop some Nutella chocolate cream on the dough, making sure it’s only on one of the short edges and not too close to it.
- Then fold the other side over the Nutella and seal the edges by gently pinching the sides with your fingers and then crimping the edges with a fork.
- Pop this into the fridge for about 15 minutes
- Once that’s done, remove it and bake it in a preheated oven at 170C/350F for 10-12 minutes.
- Next, pull it out to brush it with a little egg wash for a nice, golden sheen.
- Pop it back into the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- Letting it cool afterward is optional because, well, it’s Nutella! The only thing I’d do differently is find a way to maintain the gooey texture of Nutella instead of letting it dry out into the pie dough. I thought not poking the tops with knives and forks might help keep the moisture in, but I was wrong. Maybe next time I will thin it down with a little cream. But then I’m afraid, everything will get too mushy. What do you think?
PS: I’ve just moved to WordPress over the weekend, so if you face any trouble or find any broken links, please let me know? Thank you!