Nutella Pinwheel Cookies
Yield: 25-30 cookies
125g / 1 stick butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 heaped cup sifted flour
¼ cup Nutella to spread, a little more won’t hurt, but be careful not to overdo lest it ooze!
2-3 tablespoon, toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F.
- Mix the butter and sugar together till creamy.
- Mix in the egg yolk and the vanilla essence. The mixture should be light and well combined.
- Stir in the flour and refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes so that it can firm up and facilitate easy rolling.
- Next, roll out the dough into a rectangle of ¼ inch thickness.
- Spread the Nutella making sure to leave one finger space on all four sides. Again, we don’t want the Nutella to ooze out!
- Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts and roll up the dough.
- Refrigerate for another ten minutes before cutting the slices.
- Lay the slices on a lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes till slightly golden at the edges. Baking time will vary depending on how thick you’ve cut them. Colour is a good indication.
World Nutella Day is hosted by Sara of Ms Adventures Italy and Michelle of Bleeding Espresso and this is my entry for the blogosphere party!Update Dec 2010: I just had my very first Bake Salewhere the Nutella Pinwheel Cookies were one of the best selling items on the menu of 6 carefully selected items!Still craving for more Nutella? There you go!