Wish you all a year full of butter, sugar, chocolate, vanilla and tonnes of cupcakes!
Thank you all for being with me through 2009, each and every one of you. 2010 is going to be wonderful.
Here is a list of some things I hope to do in 2010:
- Make macarons (successful ones with feet!)PassionFruit Macarons
- Make marshmallows, now that I finally have a bottle of corn syrup! Homemade Marshmallows
- Make verrines Breakfast verrines are the best: cinnamon and fig compote, yoghurt, muesli, honey.
- Make fresh pasta Handmade Pasta
- Make Spanish churros Cinnamon Sugar Churros
- Make soufflé (chocolate or cheese?)
- Make an elaborate birthday cake – I’ve made SO many!
- Make candied rose petals Candying oranges left me too disheartened to even bother with the rose petals, so ‘m just going to strike this off.
- Make my own cheese – mascarpone, mozzarella (where can I find rennet?)
- Make Sriracha sauce
- Read 6 chef biographies / restaurant stories Letter to a Young Chef, Comfort Me With Apples, Humble Pie, Spiced, Alice Waters and Chez Panisse, Dirty Dishes
- Try wild rice Not too thrilled
- Try oysters – petrified of trying it in Bombay – Europe in Jan 2011, hopefully!
- Try Tahitian vanilla Hot vanilla milk. Mmmm!
- Try Frech lavender. Well, I did get some from Madrid instead.
- Try 5 (new) types of salts – fleur de sel, Anglesey Sea salt, Mediterranean sea salt, flaky Spanish salt with pimenton
- Buy a blow torch (and then make crème brûlée) – got the torch! Need to make the dessert
- Grow my own strawberries - Unfortunately, the herbs used up all the space.
- Grow more herbs Loads of seeds sown this season. Here is how I grew my lemongrass too!
- And best of all, make a trip to Paris! JANUARY 2011!!
Something you think, I absolutely must try? Let me know!
PS: Here is the Best of 2009 round-up!