For five years I’ve been using a chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve tweaked and tested so many times that it has become my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe. If I ever needed to make chocolate chip cookies I would never look elsewhere. I had tried too many recipes and I knew the pain that I’d gone through to find that one reliable recipe. I happily kept baking the same chocolate chip cookies. This was until today. After my first successful Dorie Greenspan recipe I was all geared up to step out of my comfort zone and try her chocolate chip cookies.
I halved the recipe and skipped the walnuts. I used the huge Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips. I had no idea what I was in for! *big grin*
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking soda together. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter for about a minute. Then add the sugars and beat for another 2 minutes until well blended and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add in the egg.
- Reducing the mixer speed to the lowest setting, add in the flour a little at a time, until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve a handful for later. Refrigerate the cookie dough for half an hour.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a Silpat, spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 375°F/190°C for 10-12 minutes.Something that I *love* to do is open the oven half way through baking and dot the dough that has spread with MORE chocolate chips!
- Then a good idea would also be to turn the sheet the other way round so that the cookies will bake evenly.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. Have them with a tall glass of milk.