For five years I’ve been using a chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve tweaked and tested so many times that it has become my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe. If I ever needed to make chocolate chip cookies I would never look elsewhere. I had tried too many recipes and I knew the pain that I’d gone through to find that one reliable recipe. I happily kept baking the same chocolate chip cookies. This was until today. After my first successful Dorie Greenspan recipe I was all geared up to step out of my comfort zone and try her chocolate chip cookies.
I halved the recipe and skipped the walnuts. I used the huge Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips. I had no idea what I was in for! *big grin*
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from: Baking From My Home to Yours (excellent baking book!)
Yield: 10-12 cookies
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking soda together. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter for about a minute. Then add the sugars and beat for another 2 minutes until well blended and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add in the egg.
- Reducing the mixer speed to the lowest setting, add in the flour a little at a time, until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve a handful for later. Refrigerate the cookie dough for half an hour.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a Silpat, spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 375°F/190°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Something that I *love* to do is open the oven half way through baking and dot the dough that has spread with MORE chocolate chips!
- Then a good idea would also be to turn the sheet the other way round so that the cookies will bake evenly.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. Have them with a tall glass of milk.
If you liked this, I think you would love my Chocolate Chip Cake recipe!
Still craving for more Cookie Recipes?!
Nutella Pinwheel Cookies
Black Forest Cookies
Buttery Buckwheat Nibby Cookies
Valentine Linzer Cookies
Cheddar Cheese Biscuits